Advice for students
you decide to one day attend a university or earn a 2-year associates
degree, these are characteristics of successful students.
By doing so, students control their own success.
- Have excellent attendance and are punctual.
- Complete assignments entirely, neatly, showing that they take pride in their work.
- Turn in their work promptly after an absence.
- Make sure they understand the material covered.
- Learn to identify what needs to be studied in greatest detail.
- Pay attention in class and are courteous, respectful and polite.
- Put forth the appropriate amount of effort and spend the proper
amount of time when completing homework assignments. They do their
assignments well, as opposed to just "getting them done."
- Do not have electronic devices in the classroom.
- Actively participate by asking and answering questions and taking notes.
- Take the initiative to discuss their progress in class with their teachers.
- Teachers appreciate students who want to do their best. This is also a great way for teachers to get to know their students.
- Realize their responsibility to do well in high school. They see the impact that doing well in high school has on their future.
- Turn in all assignments and work hard.
- Enjoy school and take advantage of after school activities
The things that take the most work are the things we value and most enjoy!